Recipe: Chocolate Dipped Cracker Sandwiches
Till the end of time, I will never be a fan of anything too sweet. I repeatedly say that I enjoy dessert or snackage that has a little contrast in flavor like lemon cakes or sea salt caramel ice cream — which is why this recipe I made had me addicted to it like crack.
Here, I took the liberty of synthesizing a mix of creamy peanut butter, the tang of strawberry jam, the salt of a cracker & a bittersweet slathering of dark chocolate. Presenting my Chocolate Dipped Cracker Sandwiches! They didn’t look as smooth as I wanted them to be (I really have a problem with baking & its ingredients) but one bite had me getting ten more pieces. My brothers love it as well & I hope you do too. Sorry if I had no specific measurements, I always use estimation.
- Fita or Ritz crackers
- Peanut butter & strawberry jam (I used Goober, peanut butter with strawberry jam)
- Melting chocolate (I used dark)
- Wax paper or aluminum foil
Tried making a cooking tutorial but ew, no.
- If your peanut butter & strawberry jam is separate, mix very well together in a bowl. If your peanut butter is like mine, keep as is. Spread on a cracker, make sure that the ratio is not too much or too little. Cover with another cracker. Place on wax paper or aluminum foil & get it ready for dipping.
- Melt the chocolate using a double broiler. Since there wasn’t any available broiler, I filled a large saucepan with water & put a smaller saucepan on top. Divide your chocolate into smaller blocks & place on the smaller saucepan & melt till smooth.
- Dip or spread the chocolate on the cracker & then place on wax paper or aluminum foil. Use a spatula if you have to (my big mistake was not using one).
- Refrigerate till chocolate hardens & enjoy!
I swear to Jesus, they taste perfect!